To make calls via your PBX, you should register the needed extension (device) in a softphone application or an IP phone and log the agent in to the softphone/IP phone.
To demonstrate the steps where a softphone application is required, we will use Zoiper, an application available for Windows, macOS and Linux, as well as Android and iOS. This is third-party software used for illustration only.
Instead, you can use any other softphone available for download.
- In PBX Stats, go to Configuration -> Devices.
- Find the device you want to register in the softphone: you will need its credentials.
- Start your softphone application.
- Specify your device ID and password in the start window and click Login.
- In the next window, enter your hostname (your PBX domain name followed with pbx.commpeak.com).
- Perform all the further steps needed for registering the device.
- In PBX Stats, go to Configuration -> Agents.
- Find the agent who will be using the previously registered device and take their credentials.
- In your softphone, dial *11 to start the agent log-in process.
- Then, using voice prompts, dial the agent's login and password, each followed with #. You will hear a voice message informing you that the agent is logged in.
- At the end of the shift, log out by dialing *12 on the keypad.