In this article, you will learn how you can configure your PBX to meet your needs.
All configuration options can be found under the Configuration menu.
All agents are divided into virtual groups called desks. They are distributed by such criteria as their language, call purpose, or experience.
To configure desks, go to Configuration and select Desks. The page displays the available desks, queues assigned to certain desks, and agents included in each one.
Click Edit in the Actions column to make changes to the desk.
Here you can rename the desk, assign a queue to it, and change the agent list.
Then click Save.
To create a new desk, click Create New Desk in the top right corner of the page.
To view and edit the list of agents, go to Configuration and click Agents.
Here you can see agent IDs and names, credentials, devices they are logged into, and queues they are assigned to.
To see details about an agent, click in the Actions column.
Devices are SIP accounts that agents use to sign in to the system and work in it.
There are two types of devices: fixed and ad hoc.
To view the list of devices, go to Configuration and click Devices.
The table will display the device name, password, type, the related caller ID and agent name, and show the status of the device.
Users with relevant permissions can view, create, edit, and delete other users.
The Users Manager page is available under the Configuration menu.
1. Users Table
The table on the Users Manager page gives details about each user.
|Username||The user's name in the system|
|The user's email address|
|Roles||The role(s) granted to the user. Hovering over a role will show its description|
Roles with special permissions will be displayed here, too.
|Desks||The desks the user is assigned to|
|Enabled||Shows if the user account is enabled or disabled|
|Actions||Click the links to perform the actions to the user account: edit the account, change the password, or delete the user.|
2. New User Creation
To create a new user:
- Click Create New User in the top right corner of the Users Manager page.
- In the New User window, enter the credentials for the user.
- Select one or more roles for the user and assign him to one or more desks.
- Click Save.
The new user will appear in the list.
New users are enabled by default.
3. Editing Existing Users
You can edit a previously created user as follows:
- Change the user's email and username
- Assign him new roles and desks or remove the existing ones
- Disable the user
To edit a user:
- On the Users Manager page, click Edit in the Actions column on the line for the needed user.
- Make changes in the user window and click Save.
The Actions column also has options to change the user's password and delete the user.
A role is a combination of permissions that lets a user perform actions allowed by the selected permissions.
Please mind that users are assigned to desks in the Users Manager window. You no longer have to add permissions for desks per role.
To allow viewing all desks, use special permissions.
To create a role:
- Go to Configuration -> Roles.
- On the Roles Manager page, click Create New Role in the top right corner.
- In the New Role window displayed, specify the name and description for the role.
- Click in the Permissions field and select the actions the role will be allowed to do.
- Optionally, select the accepted IPs and countries.
- Select the Mask Phone check box to hide phone numbers from the user assigned this role.
- Click Save.
The new role will appear in the list of roles.
To modify settings for a role, click Edit in the Actions column for the needed role.
To remove the role from the list, click Delete.
As a rule, the main roles in PBX Stats are the manager, the compliance manager, and the administrator.
The manager has permissions to manage only the desks to which he/she is assigned.
The compliance manager has access to the CDRs so that he/she can listen to all the call recordings.
The administrator has permissions to perform all the actions and settings in the system.
However, there are three special permissions:
- show_all_desk_reports - the user can run reports for all the desks, but can see the Realtime page only for the desks he/she is assigned to
- show_all_desks_realtime - the user can view all the desks on the Realtime page, but can run reports only for the desks he/she is assigned to
- show_all_desks - the user has access to the data for all the desks, both on the Realtime page and in the reports.
In the call center, there are two desks - Desk 1 and Desk 2.
Manager A is assigned to Desk 1, and Manager B is assigned to Desk 2.
Both Manager A and Manager B are subordinate to Manager C.
- Manager A, except for managing his desk, is responsible for preparing reports on the activity of the whole call center. This is why he is granted a role with show_all_desk_reports permission.
- Manager B is in charge of real-time monitoring and must see the current data for all the agents in the call center. So, he is assigned a role with show_all_desks_realtime permission.
- Manager C, to supervise Managers A and B, should have access to the desks under their control. He is granted a role with show_all_desks permission.
This page shows the list of reports scheduled to run recurrently and allows you to create a new scheduled report based on an existing template.
Before scheduling a report, you need to have a template created from the necessary report.
To schedule a report, click Schedule New Report in the top right corner of the page.
In the window that opens, fill in the fields as follows:
Enter the name of the scheduled report.
Select the template to use for it.
Select the periodicity and time for the report running.
Specify the users and additional emails to which the report will be sent (optional).
Then click Save. The report will appear in the list of scheduled reports.