This article explains using the Listen, Whisper, and Barge options directly from CommPeak Softphone. These actions allow the manager to listen to agent conversations and talk to the agent or both parties.
Please look at a similar article about using these actions from the Realtime page in PBX Stats.
To start whispering:
- Dial *222 followed by the agent extension number. You will be connected in the Listen mode.
In the example below, 101 is the agent's extension to whose conversation the manager wants to connect.
*222 is default prefix. You can contact support if you wish to use different digits.
- To switch to other modes, click on the keyboard icon. You will see the keyboard on the screen, and then you can press the following numbers:
- 5 to switch to the Whisper mode and talk to the agent
- 6 to switch to the Barge mode and talk to both the agent and the customer
- 4 to switch to the Listen mode again and listen to the conversation
You will hear a voice notification that the chosen mode is activated.
- When you're done, you can click Dial and then click the red button to end the call.