On the Domain Management tab, you can manage custom domains you will be using in links in your SMS campaigns.
Adding a New Domain
To add custom domains for your SMS messages:
- Purchase domain names from any domain provider.
- In TextPeak, go to DOMAINS -> Domain management and click ADD A CUSTOM DOMAIN.
- In the pop-up window that opens, enter as many previously purchased domains as you wish and click ADD.
- A new pop-up window will open. Copy the IP address.
- In your account at the domain name provider, assign the previously copied IP address to your domains as shown in the example from one of the domain providers.
The new domain(s) will be added to the list with the PENDING status.
An unused domain will be archived automatically after 90 days of inactivity.
The domain status will change as you configure it. The table below explains domain statuses.
The domain has been added but hasn't been mapped to CommPeak's IP address yet.
|Blocked||After adding, the domain was recognized by the system as malicious and needs to be checked by CommPeak support.|
|Declined||The blocked domain has been checked by CommPeak support and confirmed malicious.|
The domain has been mapped to CommPeak's IP address and approved for use in campaigns.
All the domains with this status have an SSL certificate.
If the domain has not been used for 90 days, its status changes to Archived automatically.
The domain has reached the global messaging limit.
When you have configured custom domains, you can use them for link URLs when creating an SMS campaign.
Setting Global Domain Limit
You can set the messaging limit per domain that will be applied to all your domains.
After the system has reached the limit for sending messages via a specific domain, it will disable it by applying the Reached Limit status and will switch to using the next available domain in the campaign.
If all domains in a campaign, either added in a pool or manually, have reached their messaging limit, the campaign will run out of domains for short or opt-out URLs. The system will set the status of such campaigns to Pending until you add more domains.
To set or edit a global domain limit:
- In the DOMAINS section of the main menu, go to the Domain Management tab and click Edit global domain limit.
- Enter the limit and click Save.
Actions With Domains
You can apply various actions to one or more domains. You need to select the checkboxes on the required lines and then choose from the actions above the table.
- Archive - You can archive a configured domain if you don't want to use it in campaigns anymore. However, it can be activated again using the Restore action.
- Add to pool - In the window that pops up, you an add the domain to an existing domain pool.
- Restore - If your domain has been archived or it has reached the message limit, you can activate it again.
Note that for domains with the Reached Limit status, restoring is possible after the domain limit is increased.
- Delete - The domain will be removed from the list.