You can check your incoming calls against set time ranges (e.g., business and non-business hours) and then route the calls depending on the check result.
This guide describes steps to add time groups and time conditions in your Cloud PBX.
Step 1: Access the Cloud PBX Web Interface
- Obtain your Cloud PBX server's domain and admin credentials from CommPeak support team.
- Open a web browser, navigate to the domain, and log in to the server.
Step 2: Create a Time Group
- In the main menu of your Cloud PBX, go to APPLICATIONS and select Time Groups.
- Click Add Time Group.
- Fill in the necessary information: enter the group description and configure time settings for working hours and/or weekdays, month days, and months.
The server time is visible on the Time Groups page next to the Add Time Group button.
- Click Submit.
Step 3: Create a Time Condition
- In the main menu of your Cloud PBX, go to APPLICATIONS and select Time Conditions.
- Click Add Time Condition:
- Fill in the necessary information:
- enter the condition name
- in Time Zone, the default value is UTC; select your local one if needed
- in Time Group, select a previously created time group
- Destination matches - if the time matches, you can route a call to an extension, a ring group, a queue, or to a previously configured IVR
- Destination non-matches - you can route a call to a voicemail if the call time doesn't meet the time condition
- Click Submit.
- Click Apply Config in the top right to apply the settings immediately.
Step 4: Configure Inbound Call Route with Time Condition
- In the main menu, click CONNECTIVITY and select Inbound Routes from the dropdown menu.
- Edit an existing inbound route or create a new one, as explained in the guide about configuring inbound routes.
- In the Set Destination section, select Time Conditions from the dropdown menu.
- Choose the time condition you created in Step 3 from the dropdown menu.
Step 5: Test the Time Conditions
Place a test call to the designated phone number or DID during different time periods to verify that the call is routed correctly based on the time conditions.