You can enable a voice welcome message for incoming calls instead of connecting them to an extension right away.
Perform the following steps to add audio files with a welcome message or music recordings and configure an announcement.
Step 1: Access the Cloud PBX Web Interface
- Obtain your Cloud PBX server's domain and admin credentials from CommPeak support team.
- Open a web browser, navigate to the domain, and log in to the server.
Step 2: Upload an Announcement File
- In the main menu of your Cloud PBX, go to ADMIN and select System Recordings.
- Click Add Recording in the top-left corner.
- Fill in the necessary information: enter the recording name and description.
- Select an audio file. You can upload your own file by clicking Browse and then choosing a file from your PC. Supported file formats include WAV, MP3, and OGG.
Or use built-in PBX phrases which you can select from the Add System Recording dropdown box.
- Click Submit. A newly added file will appear in the list. You can select it when creating an announcement.
Step 3: Configure Announcement Settings
- In your PBX control panel, go to APPLICATIONS and select Announcements.
- Click Add in the top-left corner.
- Fill in the necessary information:
Enter the recording name, description and then select a previously added audio file.
You can select a user (an extension) or direct a call to a destination queue.
- Click Submit.
- Click Apply Config in the top right to apply the settings immediately.
Step 4: Assign the Announcement
Step 5: Test the Announcement
- Place a test call to the designated phone number or DID that triggers the announcement.
- Verify that the announcement is played as expected during the call.