You can add a new Caller ID from verified DID numbers or modify existing ones. It is a number your called parties will see when they get outbound calls.
To add a Caller ID:
Find out how to login to your PBX control panel from the CommPeak User Portal from the PBX Instances article.
- In your PBX control panel, go to Connectivity and select Outbound Routes:
- Click Add Outbound Route:
- Fill in the route details:
- enter a name to locate the route quickly in the list - this information is only visible to you in the PBX control panel
- enter a number or several numbers in the E.164 format separated with a comma
- set the Override Extension option to Yes to ignore extension Caller IDs and use this one.
- On the Dial Patterns tab, configure the patterns:
- prefix: Enter the prefix to be dialed before a phone number.
- match pattern: International calling code. For example, for calls in all directions, enter X.
CallerID: Enter an extension or a range of extensions permitted to make calls in a specific direction.
In the preceding example, all extensions will make calls to phone numbers starting with 440. The extensions from 500 to 509 will make calls internationally if they dial *30 before a phone number.
For more information about dial patterns, refer to Pattern Help. To open the Help, click on the + in the top right.
- Click Submit.
- Click Apply Config in the top right to apply the settings immediately: