Devices are SIP accounts that agents use to sign in to the system and work in it.
There are two types of devices: fixed and ad hoc.
A fixed device has only one login and password and is attached to one extension only.
An ad hoc device can have several logins and passwords so that it can be used by multiple agents with multiple extensions, for instance - at different shifts.
To view the list of devices, go to Configuration and click Devices.
The table will display the device name, password, type, the related caller ID, and agent name and show the status of the device.
Click the Copy button next to the device password to copy it to the clipboard.
You can add fixed and ad hoc devices in PBX Stats.
For every new device, two extensions are created: a regular SIP extension and a WebRTC extension.
To add one device:
- Click Create New Device in the top-right corner.
- Fill in the form:
- Device - device name
- Alias - Caller ID
- Type - select ad-hoc or fixed. If you select a fixed device, choose a default agent from the dropdown box to assign to the device.
- When you click Save, the system will generate a password automatically, and will take some time to complete the task. The pending device will be shown above the main table. After a while, it will disappear and will be added to the table.
Users with the create_device_bulk permission enabled can add devices in bulk. Refer to this article for more information on roles and permissions.
You can add up to 100 devices per bulk operation.
To add multiple devices:
- Select the Add Bulk option in the New Device window.
- Enter a range of device names that should include any number from 100 up to 999999.
In the description box, enter a prefix for the Caller ID. For example, if you enter Spanishdesk, the system will create devices with the following Caller IDs: Spanishdesk-200, Englishdesk-201, and so on.
- For the fixed device type, there is an option Add with agent. If you select the Add with agent checkbox, the system will also automatically create a default agent for each device.
- Click Save. The system will generate passwords automatically and will take some time to complete the task. The pending devices will be shown above the main table. After a while, they will disappear and will be added to the table.
Editing and Deleting
You can edit the device name, Caller ID, type, and assign different agents to fixed devices.
To modify a device:
- Click Edit in the Actions column.
- Enter new details:
- Click Update.
To delete a device, click Delete in the Actions column.