To make calls via your PBX, you need to register the necessary extension (device) in a softphone application or an IP phone.
If the device is a fixed one, at this point the agent is ready to make calls. For ad hoc devices, you should also log the agent in to the softphone/IP phone.
For more information about device types, refer to the Devices article.
To demonstrate the steps where a softphone application is required, we will use Zoiper, an application available for Windows, macOS and Linux, as well as Android and iOS. This is third-party software used for illustration only.
Instead, you can use any other softphone available for download.
Below, you will find the steps needed to start making calls for fixed and ad hoc devices.
Configuring a Fixed Device
- In PBX Stats, go to Configuration -> Devices.
- Find the device you want to register in the softphone: you will need its credentials.
- Start your softphone application.
- Specify your device ID and password in the start window and click Login.
- In the next window, enter your hostname (your PBX domain name followed by pbx.commpeak.com).
- Perform all the further steps needed for registering the device.
Now your agent can start making and receiving calls.
Configuring an Ad Hoc Device and Logging In an Agent
First, take the steps needed for a fixed device described in the previous section.
After that, proceed as follows:
- In PBX Stats, go to Configuration -> Agents.
- Find the agent who will be using the previously registered device and take their credentials.
- In your softphone, dial *11 to start the agent log-in process.
- Then, using voice prompts, dial the agent's login and password, each followed with #.
You will hear a voice message informing you that the agent is logged in.
Now the agent is ready to make and receive calls.
- At the end of the shift, log out by dialing *12 on the keypad.