This article explains steps to troubleshoot the following issues with calls:
- WebRTC dial pad (Dialer softphone application) shows Fail
- WebRTC is ringing, but when the call is connected, it will drop it and ring again.
Step 1: Check if it is happening to all agents
If call registration fails for all agents who use WebRTC, please check if the WebSocket connection is established. If it is not established, submit a support ticket.
Step 2: Perform checks for a particular agent
If call registration fails for a particular agent, please do the following:
- Check if the WebSocket connection is established.
- Check microphone permission in the browser:
- Open the Chrome browser.
- Go to Settings >Advanced > Privacy and Security > Site Settings.
- In Permissions, select Allow for the microphone.
- Close the browser, including the dial pad (softphone application).
- Clear cache and cookies.
- Open the browser again, re-login to the Dialer, and check if calls are registered now.
- If it is still an issue, go to Step 3.
Step 3: Modify SIP Settings
- Open the Edit User page for the agent's user and go to the SIP Settings section.
- Go to the SIP option in SIP Settings and select use PBXs.
- Enter a fake extension (the part before @domain).
- Click Save.
- Edit the user again, select use WebRTC in SIP Settings, and then click Save.
- Ask the agent to reload the browser, including the Dialer softphone application, and then try to login again to the Dialer.
- If it is still an issue, go to Step 4.
For more information, please refer to the User Management article.
Step 4: Check the audio headset device
Please check the audio headset device:
- Go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Sound > Manage audio devices.
- Go to the Recording tab and then check if the headset is enabled and set to Default.
Step 5: Contact the support team
Please submit a support ticket. Attach a screenshot of the dial pad (Dialer softphone application) console to the ticket. To open the console, press F12 in the dial pad and go to the Console tab.