An API (application programming interface) key is a secret unique code used to identify a client. API keys are used for accessing data instead of using a username and password. It is possible to create more than one API key and delete previously created keys to ensure a client's security.
To get an API key via CommPeak Portal, follow these steps:
- Log in to my.commpeak.com.
- Expand Billing in the left pane and open the API Keys tab.
- Click CREATE API KEY.
- Enter the application name, description, and website, and choose its type and platform in the form that appears. Click CREATE API KEY again.
- All the created API keys are displayed in the API Keys tab.
If you need to get one more key, click the plus icon next to the API key number.
- Check out the documentation after creating an API key to view integration details.
You can edit or delete your API keys at any time.