Before using short or opt-out URLs in SMS campaign messages, you need to add URL offers.
In URL offers, you specify the original URLs - the links that you want your customers to open from the SMS messages you send to them. While in message campaigns, the recipients will see links with short URLs based on custom domains. These custom domains will redirect them to your original URLs.
To add a short or opt-out URL offer:
- In your CommPeak SMS platform account, go to URL Offers and click ADD URL.
- In the window that pops up, select the URL type: URL offer or URL opt out.
- Specify the original URL to which the opt-out or short URL will redirect.
- Optionally, click the parameters to add them to your URL to track opened messages by certain criteria. For example, if you add the Country parameter, you will be able to track in which countries your customers open your links. If you add the Variant parameter, you will be able to compare the variants in terms of links followed.
Your IT will need to perform additional configuration on your side for using the parameters.
- Under URL Expiry, define how long your deal will be active. Enter a number from 1 to 60 days. Also, select if you wish to start counting the expiry period from the offer or message creation date.
- After filling in all the data, click CREATE.